The video has received 100784 views and 603 likes.
Channel: Legendary Whitetails
If you’re a fan of venison backstrap, you may want to consider changing things up a bit by stuffing it with cream cheese and jalapenos, and wrapping it in bacon! It’s a delicious way to add some flavor to this popular cut of meat. Here’s what you’ll need:
• Deer backstrap – pounded flat
• Thinly sliced bacon
• Cream cheese
• Garlic powder – not salt
• Salt and pepper
• Steak seasoning (optional)
• Jalapenos – sliced in small slivers
• Onion – sliced in small slivers
1. Flatten the meat with a meat mallet (or butterfly it with a knife).
2. Sprinkle garlic powder, seasoning salt, kosher salt, and pepper all over the backstrap.
3. Spread cream cheese on one side of the meat and sprinkle on some jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms. You can also add shredded pepperjack cheese if desired.
4. Roll up the meat and wrap it in bacon, securing it with toothpicks. Place it in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
5. Bake or grill the backstrap until the bacon is crispy (suggested: 400°F for 30 minutes in the oven). You can broil it at the end to crisp up the bacon even more. If grilling, cook it over medium high heat.
6. Remove the backstrap from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing into it.
For more Legendary Recipes, visit: https://community.deergear.com/recipes/
Shop Now: https://www.legendarywhitetails.com/home/
Video length: 1:06
This post was originally published on 45gaming