100784 views 603 liked
It’s true that the backstrap of venison is good as a separate portion of meat. But sometimes it’s good to spice things up. What better method to accomplish the same than to stuff it with jalapenos, cream cheese, as well as wrapping it in bacon?? ?
* Deer backstrap – crushed into a flat
* Bacon, thinly sliced
* Cream cheese
* Garlic powder is not salt
* Salt and pepper
* Steak seasoning of your choice
* Jalapenos – sliced in small slices
* Onion cut into small pieces
1. Utilizing a mallet for meat, crush meat until it is flattened. (Butterflying the meat using a knife first speeds up the process.)
2. Clean the backstrap using garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Sprinkle kosher salt.
3. Spread cream cheese on the meat on one side, sprinkle with jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms. You can also add some chopped pepperjack for those who would like.
4. Roll meat and wrap with bacon & secure with toothpicks. Place in glass or ceramic baking dish.
5. Cook or bake until bacon is cooked. (400degF for 30 minutes in oven). Set to broil to crisp bacon. Grill to medium high.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to the mixture rest for 10 mins before cutting, if you’re able to keep it that long!
For more Legendary Recipes, visit: https://community.deergear.com/recipes/
Shop Now: https://www.legendarywhitetails.com/home/
This post was originally published on 45gaming